Thank you for your interest the Next Generation Ministry Pastor/Director position at Sent Church. This is a 40-hour per week position. We appreciate your interest! Below you will find the job description.
Sent Church is a part of The Wesleyan Church. To learn more about what we believe, visit the following link: https://www.wesleyan.org/
After reviewing the documents, if you would like to continue the application process, please complete the Application for Employment. You may email it to me with your resume.
Thanks again for your inquiry! We look forward to seeing where God leads us!!
469.647.9540 | email@example.com
Next Generation Pastor/Ministry Director
Classification: Associate Pastor
Direct Report to: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports from: Volunteers, Interns, PT Support Staff, and Resident Pastors
Summary of Position:
As the Next Generation Pastor, you will be responsible for leading Next Generation Ministries, birth through high school, and working with ministry leaders in Children and Student Ministries to live out the vision and mission of Sent Church.
- Be an advocate for children and students and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of children and students at Sent Church and in the greater Plano community.
- Provide leadership and serve as the shepherd to the Children and Student Ministries participants and volunteer teams.
- Oversee and lead all aspects of Children (Birth thru 5th Grade) and Student Ministries (6th thru 12th Grade) programming
- Create and maintain fun, safe, orderly and age-appropriate environments for children and students.
- Recruit, train, and nurture volunteer leaders for both Children and Student Ministries.
- Oversee appropriate communication, making sure that opportunities for connection and involvement are clear to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed in Children and Student Ministries.
- Coordinate community partnerships in Plano that promote outreach within schools and local agencies for children, students, and their families.
- Oversee the development of a Next Generation Ministry internship and residency program.
- General pastoral responsibilities and additional duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Other Staff Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly ministry staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Fulfill any assignments that may arise to assist the team in the fulfillment of the mission of the church.
- Develop and maintain a Next Generation Ministry budget.
- Be actively involved in some form of an adult small group or discipleship group.
Pastoral Team Expectations:
- Maintain personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership.
- Embody Ministry Practices and Statement of Ethics (see Handbook).
- Passionately seek to fulfill the vision and values of Sent Church (see Handbook).
- Faithfully model Membership commitments of The Wesleyan Church (see Handbook).