Position: Tech Arts Associate
Serving Status: Paid position – Part time (25 hours)
Classification: Ministry Staff
Direct Report to: Worship Director
Direct Reports from: Interns, Volunteer Production Team members
Summary of Position:
As the Tech Arts Associate you will be responsible for recruiting, welcoming, training,
scheduling and mentoring the Production Team as a whole. The production team
currently includes audio, lights, media and service directors. You will oversee our tech
systems, maintenance and upgrades as required. And facilitate audio for services and
Professional Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Preferred Associate Degree or equivalent in the field of (one or more)
Electronics, Communications, Audio Production, Media, or Music.
• Previous work experience with A/V equipment management
• Up-to-date knowledge and significant experience with leading edge technology in
the fields of Sound, Lighting, Video and Camera
• Proficient with Apple and Windows based computer systems with working
knowledge of professional video editing & presentations (Final Cut Pro, Adobe
Creative Suite, ProPresenter, etc.)
• Not required, but a bonus if possessing a musical background, with an added
benefit of having experience in multi-track audio recording (Pro Tools, Ableton) or
professional audio systems installation.
• The ability to operate a medium sized sound reinforcement system with
sensitivity to both musical and ministry excellence.
• The ability to function at a high level of effectives and calm in stressful situations.
• Preferred leadership and team building skills.
• Manage in mobilizing, and training, scheduling and stewarding the production
• Provide Technical support to the Tech Arts Volunteers (production team) in
sound, lighting, stage, media, camera, interns, with setup/teardown and coverage
• Manage all tech needs for special events (including media, lighting, and audio)
• Work with Worship Arts Director on details regarding special events.
• Manage weekend service development (screen input, song lyric preparations,
• Manage all A/V systems
• Maintain a culture where people are inspired to serve, and find deep fulfillment
• Pursue education and training to better knowledge of leadership and media
Other Staff Responsibilities:
• Be a contributing, valued member of both the Worship Arts Ministry Leadership
Team and Sent Church Staff by attending all staff meetings, leadership team
meetings and the leading of Worship Arts D-TEAMS (discipleship groups)
• Manage projects, organize tasks and prioritize workload that may arise to assist
the team in the fulfillment of the mission of the church.
• Available to work evenings and weekends as required, and during non-business
hours should be available for rare emergency work
• Suggest improvements and best practices when appropriate.
• Reports all tech related equipment issues directly to Worship Arts Director.
• Be actively involved in some form of an adult small group or discipleship group.
• Maintain personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership.
• Embody Ministry Practices and Statement of Ethics (see Handbook).
• Passionately seek to fulfill the vision and values of Sent Church (see Handbook).
• Faithfully model Membership commitments of The Wesleyan Church (see
If you are interested in joining out team, you can email your resume and cover letter to the Worship Arts Director: Briana Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.