Thank you for serving at Sent Church!! At our recent Volunteer Training event, Pastor Dwight shared a vision for what volunteers look like at Sent Church. Here are some keys points he shared:
- Your ministry flows from your relationship with Jesus.
- You are not “just” a volunteer.
- We want you to serve where you will thrive.
- I pray you look forward to serving each week.
- We want to know what is going on in your life. Ministry here is a family, we bear each other’s burdens and rejoice in other’s joys. We can’t do that, however, if we don’t know what’s going on in your life. Please always feel welcome to send me a prayer request. I know I look busy on Sunday mornings, but drop me an email, and I will connect with you during the week!
- If you have a question–ask! We want to make sure you have everything you need to serve at Sent Church.
- What you do is important to the overall vision and mission of the church.
- God sees your acts of service. Hebrew 6:10 says, “God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them.”
We are introducing a Volunteer Handbook that we trust will help to better inform our volunteers and help us all keep on the same page to ensure safety and efficiency in serving. Click this link for an electronic copy of the VolunteerHandbook2016. Please take time to read it. If you have questions, please contact your ministry leader.
After you have read the handbook, please take time to submit this form that indicates you have received and read the Volunteer Handbook:
Thanks again for serving at Sent Church!!